Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center
Luxurious comfort embraces pure style at the elegant, four-diamond Omni Hotel at CNN Center. Located in the heart of downtown Atlanta within the bustling Centennial Park District, this luxury hotel treats you to views of the spectacular downtown skyline or picturesque Centennial Olympic Park. The Omni Hotel at CNN Center is connected to Philips Arena and the Georgia World Congress Center, and it is the closest hotel to the Mercedes-Benz Stadium.
Omni CNN’s associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Hotel at CNN Center may be your perfect match.
To provide for the acquisition of food, beverage, and general purchases at maximum economics based on business activity. The Purchasing Manager acts as senior liaison between individuals in the hotel and supplier representatives in the procurement of goods and services required to achieve the objectives of each department.
• Directly supervise the Purchasing staff through delegation of work tasks to achieve set objectives.
• Attend Food and Beverage or related meetings such as menu tie-down, weekly forecast and Financial Services. Attend department staff meetings to review and discuss new objectives and other concerns identified in interdepartmental meetings.
• Maintain close communications with Chef and Catering Department on requirements for future menu events to evaluate menus against inventories in determining necessary requirements for outlets and banquet functions.
• Ensure that all product delivered meets the Omni specifications and F&B requirements for quality and pricing.
• Establish and maintain training tools for subordinates to achieve a better knowledge and understanding of the Purchasing process and applications such as: product familiarity, receiving and storage standards.
• Responsible for accurate and timely reconciliation of EOM Food and Beverage Inventories as well as timely submission of EOM invoices.
• Coordinate with vendor to set up site visits of their facilities to aid key personnel in Purchasing and Storerooms as a training tool to improve basic knowledge of commodities used.
• Counsel and make, as needed, assessment of present and/or new associate job performance to determine what specific training is required to achieve desired results.
• Evaluate vendor performance in compliance to Purchasing bid procedures. Monitors vendor ability to provide timely and consistent quality according to established specifications.
• Maintain close communications with Corporate Purchasing offices for placement and follow-up on quarterly and annual order requirements.
• Attend area hotel and restaurant shows and seminars to establish new vendor relations and learn of new products and ways to improve present operation.
• Perform and complete other reasonable requests as received.
• Ensure compliance with all company SOP’s related to this position.
3-5 years of leading a Purchasing department within the Hospitality industry
Software Powered by iCIMS