Omni Hotels and Resorts creates genuine, authentic guest experiences at 60 distinctive luxury hotels and resorts in leading business gateways and leisure destinations across North America. Omni Hotels is known for its exemplary culture, authenticity to the markets in which we operate, innovation and exceptional service. Our commitment to career development has created tenure and loyalty that enables us to perpetuate our family atmosphere.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is hiring an Interior Design Intern for the summer of 2019. Omni’s interior design department provides complete design for capital projects and renovations in all areas of the hotels and resorts. Interested applicants must have already obtained or are currently in pursuit of a Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design.
• Select fabrics, furnishings and finishes for design projects including trips to the design center
• Assemble digital concept presentations in PowerPoint
• Attend all vendor presentations
• Coordinate with the project team and design consultants, under supervision of the Director of Interior Design
• Help with the issuance of meeting minutes and field visit reports related to interior design project scope
• Organize and archive project interior design records and design library
• Pick-up drawings redlines in AutoCAD
• Write specifications for furniture and finishes
• Assemble material presentation boards
• Vendor communication on pricing quotes, information and sample requests and etc.
• Assemble interior design control books
• Support the interior design department with any additional day to day needs including administrative tasks
• Working towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design
• Daily working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, Autocad and Photoshop
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills to deal effectively with all business contacts
• Team Player with ability to switch gears easily
Software Powered by iCIMS