Omni Hotels and Resorts creates genuine, authentic guest experiences at 60 distinctive luxury hotels and resorts in leading business gateways and leisure destinations across North America. Omni Hotels is known for its exemplary culture, authenticity to the markets in which we operate, innovation and exceptional service. Our commitment to career development has created tenure and loyalty that enables us to perpetuate our family atmosphere.
The “Assistant Director of Finance – Task Force” is responsible for assisting the Director of Finance at assigned hotel/resort. This role will be providing consistent support in the financial area of the hotel/resort by supplying the accounting staff with guidance and training. When not assigned to a hotel/resort, this Dallas based Assistant Director of Finance – Task Force will work on projects and special assignments.
• Travel to “need based properties” and support/assist the Director of Finance in all accounting functions at assigned location.
• Prepare the financial statements within the time frames supplies in the Omni Service Center closing schedule and according to the Omni Policies and Procedures, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and the Uniform System of Accounts.
• Maintain balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis.
• Prepare timely and accurate sales, use and occupancy tax returns as well as any other external reports or returns as deemed necessary.
• Ensure successful treasury cash management as set forth in Omni’s Standard Operating Procedure.
• Maintain effective system and control procedures as set forth in Omni’s Standard Operating Procedures.
• Responsible for focusing on the profitability of the business by maintaining accurate and timely financial reporting, ensuring acceptable levels on internal control, ensuring compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations, and safeguarding assets.
• Supervise, assist and possess working knowledge in all accounting functions such as Accounts Payables, Accounts Receivables, Payroll, General Cashier and Income Audit. In case any of these positions is vacant, the expectation is that the Assistant Director of Finance – Task Force is able to cover this role.
• Responsible for complete training of staff for job duties of the following positions: Accounts Receivable Clerk; Accounts Payable Clerk, General Cashier, Income Audit and Paymaster.
• Coordinate all on site accounting functions with the Director of Finance. Act as liaison for all corporate accounting requests.
• Ensure a smooth Accounts Payable process.
• Assist in attaining financial goals.
• Partner with Credit Manager/Credit Department to ensure the timely billing of all direct bill accounts with complete backup and accurate invoices.
• Ensure maintenance of all daily filing of documents needed for research requests from guest and in-house users.
• Ensure all guest disputes and requests for clarification is resolved and/or responded to in a timely manner.
• Ensure an effective tracking system for all rebates/adjustments.
• Work closely with all departments to come up with solutions to Systems & Controls problems.
• Ensure smooth and accurate Payroll processing.
• Ensure integrity and efficiency of computerized data processing functions.
• Extensive travel is required. This individual must be adept at working in a fast paced environment and able to quickly access needs in dynamic environments. The ability to change and shift focus is essential.
• Ensure all legal, treasury, and tax documentation is properly maintained and secured, and that all statuary and fiscal reporting requirements are satisfied, which includes any governmental requirements for permits and licenses.
• Ensure adequate controls are installed and maintained for the protection of the hotels' assets against loss or misappropriation.
• Oversight/reconciliation of all third party billings, i.e. Contract Labor, A/V?
• Minimum of 4 years of relevant accounting experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
• Proficiency in general ledger accounting including preparing, reading, interpreting and analyzing financial statements.
• Strong Excel skills required.
• Good verbal/written communication skills.
• Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
• Maintain a professional business appearance, attitude, and performance.
• Must be able to work a variety of shifts, including weekends and holidays.
• Interior of hotel, in normal office conditions. Move, bend, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 40 pounds without assistance. Stand, walk or sit for an extended period or for an entire work shift. Requires repetitive motion, including utilizing telephone/computer for an extended period or for an entire shift.
Software Powered by iCIMS