The Omni Charlottesville Hotel offers 208 beautifully appointed guestrooms and suites featuring panoramic views of the Blue Ridge Mountains, along with a full service restaurant and 12,000 square feet of meeting space. The Omni is located in the heart of downtown at the base of the downtown pedestrian mall. Our location offers a wide variety of local restaurants, pubs, entertainment venues, or even just to take a scenic walk and enjoy the culture of Charlottesville. There are numerous local historic sites that have played a unique role in American history which include: Monticello, the University of Virginia, Ash Lawn-Highland, Historic Court Square and Michie Tavern. Our Blue Ridge Parkway offers unmatched views and our very own downtown mall features daily entertainment at the four theaters which offer live music, movies and theatrical performances.
Although we have a beautiful property and location, our associates are what separate us from the rest of the hotels. Our culture provides an atmosphere that allows our associates to learn and grow in their professional development in a fun environment. We strongly encourage promotions from within our company, and as a result, our staff has a solid hospitality foundation. Our diverse staff comes from many different countries in the world and provides a fantastic atmosphere to develop both from a professional and personal level. Although we offer a complete benefit package for all of our full-time associates, all of our associates are provided the greatest benefit of all which is “opportunity”.
This position is responsible for maintaining a high standard of cleanliness and sanitation within our food and beverage division. Stewards thoroughly wash and neatly store all of the serving ware, cookware and utensils utilized in food preparation and service.
• Responsible for thoroughly and efficiently washing dishes, pots, cookware and utensils in compliance with Omni’s high sanitation standards
• Responsible for breaking down trays from banquets and the outlets
• Responsible for delivering clean cookware and serving ware to various outlets and meeting rooms
• Responsible for maintaining a clean and sanitary work station
• Responsible for neatly storing all dishes, cookware and utensils in their proper locations
• Ability and willingness to stand for 8 hours at a time.
• Ability and willingness to push pull or lift up to 50 lbs.
• Ability and willingness to bend, stretch, and reach
• Ability to work well with minimal or no supervision.
• Ability and willingness to work between various which includes working on weekends and holidays
• Previous experience in stewarding is strongly preferred
• Food safety certification
Software Powered by iCIMS