Montelucia Resort and Spa
Nestled at the foot of the picturesque Camelback Mountain in the exclusive enclave of Paradise Valley, the Montelucia Resort & Spa features 253 luxurious guestrooms, 38 suites and two presidential suites. The property’s distinctive architecture is inspired by the rich history, white-washed villages and sun-drenched hills of Spain’s Andalusia region. The property also includes the award-winning Moroccan inspired Joya Spa, three resort pools and five dining options including the critically acclaimed restaurant, Prado. The resort, which is adjacent to the cities of Phoenix and Scottsdale, offers easy access to golf, recreation, nightlife and entertainment.
Proactively contribute to the Montelucia Spa and Fitness team by performing a great, coordinated, efficient, friendly and happy service to all guests, eventually enhancing, creating and realizing all revenue and profit opportunities within the Spa and Fitness division. Responsible for the supervision of fitness desk associates and providing an excellent member/guests experience in the fitness facility.
• Oversee fitness center and motion studio—all maintenance and cleanliness
• Equipment management
• All ordering including monthly supplies and equipment
• Oversee fitness classes and instructors, do the quarterly schedule
• Keep sub-log up to date and readily available for anyone working in the fitness center
• Prepare fitness instructor payroll
• Interview all potential instructors and set up test out
• Communicate all info to instructors and keep them “in the know”
• Ensure website is always updated and correct with class schedule
• Hiking program and ensure always covered and all hikers are trained properly
• Addressing all instructor issues, complaints, feedback
• Keeping track of attendance for all classes and use as reference for future class scheduling
• Ensuring all guests are signing in for class and charging
• Innovative ideas on bringing in more revenue, promoting private trainings
• Responsible for Resort Membership Sales
• Member Relations
• Work with marketing to ensure always updated membership collateral, etc.
• Updating member contact information, recruiting new members and organizing activities
• Keep members informed of upcoming events and encourages participation.
• Work directly with accounting on all billing issues related to member.
• Must be 18 years of age.
• Must be able to lift heavy weight
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time
• Knowledge of the body, exercises and basic nutritional essentials to a healthy lifestyle.
• Knowledge of the athletic body training and conditioning of the athlete.
• Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems
One to two years experience in fitness center or spa environment/setting.
National Personal Training or Fitness Instructor Certification (i.e. A.C.E. and A.C.S.M. certifications.
Software Powered by iCIMS