Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center
Luxurious comfort embraces pure style at the elegant, four-diamond Omni Hotel at CNN Center. Located in the heart of downtown Atlanta within the bustling Centennial Park District, this luxury hotel treats you to views of the spectacular downtown skyline or picturesque Centennial Olympic Park. The Omni Hotel at CNN Center is connected to Philips Arena and the Georgia World Congress Center, and it is the closest hotel to the Mercedes-Benz Stadium.
Omni CNN’s associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Hotel at CNN Center may be your perfect match.
To ensure the proper handling of all group rooms in the hotel. This position will work closely with the Sales, Convention Services departments and with the clients on all room issues.
• Be the main contact and work with the Client on all guestroom issues.
• Manage, adjust and correct all assigned room blocks. Be the primary contact for group on all VIP’s, add/cancels, block adjustments.
• Ensure that all reservations are entered and reconciled to the rooming list, sales contract and any amendments that were agreed to. This may involve delegating the data entry to others to ensure timely handling of all groups.
• Prepare and Maintain Group folder; Send out introduction letter and make introductory call to meeting planner.
• Assist meeting planner with all reservation and rooms requirements during site visits; Set up proper housing procedures and help troubleshoot any potential housing challenges.
• Supply accurate pick up information to meeting planner and convention services managers.
• Daily review, research and process guaranteed no shows to verify billing and reinstatements.
• Meet with meeting planner as required once the group is in house to review any rooms’ issues (no-shows, cancellations, rooming lists, etc.)
• Maintain timely correspondence with meeting planners.
• Send thank you note and business card to the meeting planner thanking them for their business.
• Ensure entry of all rooming lists, change forms, VIP forms, and staff room requirements are met for assigned groups, and produce accurate pick up reports for the hotel.
• Maintain good communications with the Convention Services, Revenue, Sales, and Central Reservations departments to ensure that details of progress and/or barriers relating to general group housing and guest needs are being met.
• Be available to the Front Office and Rooms division during large group check-ins and departures, this may include weekends.
• Prepare a post-convention critique, group pick-up (including suites), and attrition notes for all assigned groups.
• Ensure the following for all assigned groups:
• Room rate and room block is correct per contract in OPMS / ORS and Central reservations systems.
• Ensure deposit policy is stated in OPMS / ORS and Central reservations systems.
• Ensure that all deposits are received by the due dates, posted and correct for all assigned groups.
• Establish sub-blocks when necessary. Complete any and all essential functions for each sub-block.
• Maintain organized files for all assigned groups.
• Ensure all suites are blocked in the Delphi, OPMS and ORS systems.
• Block and maintain all group rooms by requested room type. Notify DORM and CSM when room types are oversold and return booking notice to sales manager for corrections or re-negotiation with customer.
Analyze booking trends/booking pace to ensure accurate room blocks and forward recommended re-net to DORM and CSM.
• Be familiar with the OPMS, ORS and Delphi software.
• Set-up and verify all billing instructions for master accounts for assigned groups.
• Ensure Cancellation Fee is posted and charged daily.
• Calculate and submit group commission and rebate accurately based on final pick up of group within 3 days of group’s departure
• Attend Pre and Post Convention Meetings for assigned groups
• Maintain a detailed call report on all correspondence with meeting planner.
• Be able to change and improve existing job responsibilities.
• Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
• Carry out all reasonable requests from management.
• Ensure work area is clean and clear of standing water, debris or any objects that can obstruct the job duties from being performed safely, efficiently and effectively.
Open air environment, with hot or cold conditions possible
Interior of hotel, in normal office conditions
Requires ability to lift up to 25 pounds with ease
Walking, stooping, standing, bending and sitting; possibly for more than 1 hour
Ability to communicate orally and in written form, in English
Ability to work in a high stress environment
Ability to multi-task and remain posed at all times.
Software Powered by iCIMS