Located in the center of Richmond’s financial district and overlooking the James River, The Omni Richmond welcomes its guests with a taste Southern Hospitality. The Omni Richmond is the premier destination for business and leisure travelers alike. Steps away you will find wonderful restaurants, shopping, and entertainment.
Come be a part of an amazing team where we inspire and reward our associates! Every other Friday the Management Team hosts an Associate Appreciation event to show their appreciation for their associates and give them a much deserved break from the work day. The Omni Richmond prides itself on having a bi-annual management training class where current associates participate in a 6 month program to prepare them for advancing their careers.
As a Starbucks Shift Leader, you will assist the store manager in executing store operations during scheduled shifts. As a team lead, you will deploy partners and delegate tasks to create the Starbucks Experience for our customers by providing legendary customer service with prompt service, quality beverages and products, and maintaining a clean and comfortable store environment.
You will be responsible for modeling and acting in accordance with the Starbucks guiding principles, and the Omni Trilogy Culture. Best of all, as a Starbucks Partner, you’ll be part of a company that is consistently rated as a great place to work and the people here love what they do.
• Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values, and mission of Starbucks, and Omni Hotels & Resorts.
• Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the shift team.
• Anticipates customer and store needs by constantly evaluating environment and customers for cues.
• Communicates information to manager so that the team can respond as necessary to create the Third Place environment during each shift.
• Assists with new partner training by positively reinforcing successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed. Provides feedback to store manager on partner performance during shift.
• Contributes to positive team environment by recognizing alarms or changes in partner morale and performance and communicating them to the store manager.
• Creates a positive learning environment by providing clear, specific, timely and respectful coaching and feedback to partners on shift to ensure operational excellence and to improve partner performance.
• Delivers legendary customer service to all customers by acting with a customer comes first attitude and connecting with the customer. Discovers and responds to customer needs.
• Develops positive relationships with shift team by understanding and addressing individual motivation, need and concerns.
• Executes store operations during scheduled shifts. Organizes opening and closing duties as assigned.
• Follows Starbucks operational policies and procedures, including Omni policies and procedures for cash handling safety and security, to ensure the safety of all partners during each shift.
• Follows all cash management and cash register policies and ensures proper cash management practices are followed by shift team.
• Follows up with baristas during the shift to ensure the delivery of legendary customer service for all customers.
• Maintains all Omni Hotels & Resorts attendance and punctuality standards.
• Maintains all Moments of Service standards
• Maintains Omni Starbucks uniform and appearance standards
• Provides quality beverages, whole bean, and food products consistently for all customers by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards. Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products.
• Attends and participates in all monthly store meetings and training sessions.
• Recognizes and reinforces individual and team accomplishments by using Omni Service Champion (OSC) cards.
• Recognizes and embraces Starbucks’ commitment to environmental responsibility through recycling, ethical growing, conservation, and green planet practices.
• Utilizes operational tools to achieve operational excellence during the shift.
•Ability to direct the work of others
• Ability to learn quickly
• Effective oral communication skills
• Knowledge of the retail environment
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to work as part of a team
* Ability to work on feet for long periods of time. Able to lift up to 25 lbx
Software Powered by iCIMS