The Omni Charlottesville Hotel offers 208 beautifully appointed guestrooms and suites featuring panoramic views of the Blue Ridge Mountains, along with a full service restaurant and 12,000 square feet of meeting space. The Omni is located in the heart of downtown at the base of the downtown pedestrian mall. Our location offers a wide variety of local restaurants, pubs, entertainment venues, or even just to take a scenic walk and enjoy the culture of Charlottesville. There are numerous local historic sites that have played a unique role in American history which include: Monticello, the University of Virginia, Ash Lawn-Highland, Historic Court Square and Michie Tavern. Our Blue Ridge Parkway offers unmatched views and our very own downtown mall features daily entertainment at the four theaters which offer live music, movies and theatrical performances.
Although we have a beautiful property and location, our associates are what separate us from the rest of the hotels. Our culture provides an atmosphere that allows our associates to learn and grow in their professional development in a fun environment. We strongly encourage promotions from within our company, and as a result, our staff has a solid hospitality foundation. Our diverse staff comes from many different countries in the world and provides a fantastic atmosphere to develop both from a professional and personal level. Although we offer a complete benefit package for all of our full-time associates, all of our associates are provided the greatest benefit of all which is “opportunity”.
This position ensures that all food and beverage service for functions in the banquet department of the hotel are served on time and that all of Omni's professional standards are upheld.
• Perform all Banquet side work as designated by the Banquet Captain and/or Banquet Managers.
• Efficiently and properly perform all service standards.
• Attend to all needs of the guests during functions and function related duties.
• Report to the Banquet Manager any need for housekeeping and/or repairs of and banquet equipment.
• Assist in the upkeep and organization of all liquor liability laws.
• Must be familiar with and adhere to all liquor liability laws.
• Must attend all designated pre-meal meetings.
• Must follow all details as described on Banquet Event Orders (BEO’s).
• Must be able to set tables to specifications, carry trays, and have excellent customer service experience.
• Must have a flexible schedule and be able to work Days, Nights, Weekends, and Holidays.
• Must be able to lift up to 50lbs and stand for the duration of a full-shift.
• Must be TIPS Certified.
• Previous serving experience in a four-star/four-diamond hotel or resort.
• Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
Software Powered by iCIMS