The Omni Charlottesville Hotel offers 208 beautifully appointed guestrooms and suites featuring panoramic views of the Blue Ridge Mountains, along with a full service restaurant and 12,000 square feet of meeting space. The Omni is located in the heart of downtown at the base of the downtown pedestrian mall. Our location offers a wide variety of local restaurants, pubs, entertainment venues, or even just to take a scenic walk and enjoy the culture of Charlottesville. There are numerous local historic sites that have played a unique role in American history which include: Monticello, the University of Virginia, Ash Lawn-Highland, Historic Court Square and Michie Tavern. Our Blue Ridge Parkway offers unmatched views and our very own downtown mall features daily entertainment at the four theaters which offer live music, movies and theatrical performances.
Although we have a beautiful property and location, our associates are what separate us from the rest of the hotels. Our culture provides an atmosphere that allows our associates to learn and grow in their professional development in a fun environment. We strongly encourage promotions from within our company, and as a result, our staff has a solid hospitality foundation. Our diverse staff comes from many different countries in the world and provides a fantastic atmosphere to develop both from a professional and personal level. Although we offer a complete benefit package for all of our full-time associates, all of our associates are provided the greatest benefit of all which is “opportunity”.
This position will greet the guests, describe specials and menu items, and serve food courses and alcoholic beverages to guests. Must be knowledgable of service times, menus, and specials.
• Greet guests when entering the restaurant with a pleasant smile and superior customer service.
• Must have complete knowledge of service time, menu, and specials.
• Set tables according to type of event and service standards.
• Prepare, deliver and service orders with 5 star service
• Responsible for hospitality suite set-ups & break downs on occasion.
• Take orders and answer questions/offer suggestions on menu selections.
• Always inquire if additional service is needed and know plating & accompaniments of all menu items.
• Communicate with culinary team regarding meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs and special requests.
• Record transaction in MICROS system at time of order.
• Check in with guests to ensure satisfaction with each food course and/or beverage.
• Present accurate check to guest and process payment, responsible for each check.
• Responsible for pick up of tables and trays.
• Minimize Breakage
• Attend all designated staff meetings and training sessions.
• Understand and comply with, the following components of Department Orientation:
• Job description and department service standards, uniform and grooming standards.
• Work schedules, reporting to work, paid time-off, vacation requests.
• Maintain cleanliness of work areas throughout the day.
• Cafeteria meal times, and breaks.
• Fire Alarm and other emergency procedures, fire prevention and safety regulations.
• Procedure for guest or associate accidents
• OSHA AND AND PROPER USE AND DISPOSAL OF HAZARDOUS CHEMICALS.
• setting up the next shift for success
• Barista experience a plus
• Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
• 1 year serving experience with a quality establishment.
• Prior serving and cash handling experience preferred.
• Must be able to multi task.
• Must be able to stand and walk for an extended period of time or for an entire shift
• Must be able to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 10lbs without assistance.
• Must be able to work flexible shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Must be minimum 18 years old.
• Must be able to obtain TIPS certification and ServSafe once hired.
• This position includes weekends and holidays and pays $3.35 an hour plus tips.
Software Powered by iCIMS